Sunday, June 24, 2012

Girl's Day Out at Vanderbilt



I didn't know that a yearly screening mammogram could be so much fun, but Vanderbilt has pushed the bar to the top beginning with a brunch to entertainment.



First you checked in, and answered a few questions.  Then you got a pager; I haven't experienced the pager at a doctor's office before, but you did get to roam the building and even shop at the "Pretty in Pink" store.

Look at the waiting area, and all the inspiration words, and you even get to wear a lovely robe before they come to get you for the mammogram.  Vickie was my technician; she has a daughter that had my same birthday, and talked/joked/laughed with me throughout the awkward process of these type of x-rays.  She even told me that her daughter used to make her have her birthday party in July instead of December; that way it wasn't so close to Christmas.  I may have to try that!

 They would come get you at the waiting room, and they brought you back to the waiting room, but you didn't get to keep the robe.  Darn!

Vickie was nice enough to make sure that I had everything before I left the x-ray room, and even walked me back to the waiting room.  All those long hallways do get a little confusing. 

After Robin and I were all done; we had the opportunity to get a massage, but I was too tired. So we left, and took a long drive before going home.  I know that Vanderbilt gets paid quite well for doing these "Girl's Day Out" events, but it was nice to enjoy some food, getting some information about breast cancer, talking to other participants, and being about to do this all with my Sis!

While we were there, we got to be part of a presentation of a check being donated to 
"Breast Cancer Awareness" !


No comments:

Post a Comment