Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Legend of Sleepy Hollow" Shadow Puppet Show

At the Wishing Chair puppet theater in the downtown library, they were showing the “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” over the weekend. It's based on the story by Washington Irving. At one point these creatures walk through the crowd; a few of the children were scared, and I even jumped a little. The actors, puppets were so amazing, I even want to read "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" again now!

I had never been to the downtown library; it was originally a shopping mall, and that's the last time I had been there. They did such a GREAT job renovating the mall into this library. The Wishing Chair puppet theater looked like a lodge with the big logs.


Cinderella returns in November; I'm up for another puppet show! I think my inner child is coming out.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when! I haven't been to a puppet show since I was little. The marionette shows at the library were one of my favorite things growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll let you know Brooke. You know these are in the children's section of the downtown library? I would love to have company since I'm not a child. :-)

    ReplyDelete