Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Las Vegas Baby!

If you want to exercise, you must go to Las Vegas, NV. Robin and I were missing our niece, her husband and their little boy. So we booked a plane to Vegas to see them.

The first night we arrived at 11:30 p.m.; our family picked us up at the airport, and our adventures begun. We walked from Excalibur all the way to Mandalay Bay; we saw the pyramids, Egyptian statues and everything in between. We got back to the hotel at 3:30 a.m.

Next morning; we were off to the breakfast buffet at Circus Circus, it was the cheapest. Then onto the Adventuredome. All the rides you could imagine; they were a little pricy at $5 a ride, but you're in Vegas. I was talked into going to the Sponge Bob Square Pants interactive movie. You wore 3D glasses; things happened that was on the screen. The pirate who introduces the shows spits, and water is spurted out at you. The only part that was yucky was they showed a massive pack of rats, and it looked like they were coming after you. Amazing film, even if I am an adult!


Below is a picture that was taken at the Adventuredome: front row - Robin, Penny and Debbie, Back row - Jim, Mike and my Grady Man. Grady is two and a half years old; he did really well sight seeing with us. I did realize that I'm not as young as I used to be. :-)



Then we spent some time with our family at their home; we went to Oat man, AZ where the burros roamed free, and watched a live gun fight with blanks in the guns of course. Laughlin, NV is another gambling strip; we walked the River-walk, rode on the Riverboat and had a strawberry daiquiri. I did a lot of drinking; I don't know if that's good or bad.

We also went to a In and Out Burger joint; I have a shirt to prove it, and it was really good. The staff were all so nice, the restaurant was so clean, and my niece said that the employees got at least $10 an hour. They even went to Hawaii once a year, and it's hard to find a job there. No one wants to leave.

Our last few days we were in Vegas; we walked from The Excalibur to the Venetian and back. Boy were we tired, but there were some amazing things to see. The lion habitat, flamingo habitat, Caesars Palace was my favorite. The Bellogio was really fancy, everyone was rude. I don't want to stay there. One man even ran over me while I was walking in the front door. We even got to go into the "Kardasian Chaos" store in the Mirage Hotel.

Unfortunately we had to leave on Monday; our plane left around 3 p.m., it was delayed due to the arriving flight had to be deiced in Denver. Of course that made our connection delayed, and we didn't make it home until almost midnight. I'm so tired, but it was so worth every minute with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment