Monday, December 12, 2011

My Birthday 2011 - Better than I Thought!

When I woke up this morning, I just wanted the day over. I've always spent my birthday with my Mom and Dad, or at least one of them. This year was the first birthday without being with my Mom, and being without my Dad since the year 2000. My thought since I was off work today was that I would get some items done that I needed to, like calling to find out about insurance policies that my Mom had left within a filing cabinet. I just found the papers while cleaning last week. Of course after calling, now I have more work to do.
Then I thought I would visit my Internist to get some blood work done while I was off; that was fun, they were not able to draw my blood. It kept clotting to fast, and the vein would quit supplying blood. Now I have to go back to that office to get blood drawn.
Well now let me tell you the things that made it a good day!
  • Anna: an old friend that I haven't heard from in a while texted me Happy Birthday while she was on her way to work. She said it always made her feel better when she talked to me.
  • Robin, my amazing sister, texted me Happy Birthday.
  • Kevin, Paulette, Steve, Brooke and Vicki from work texted me Happy Birthday. Kevin even remembered today was my birthday all by himself.
  • I had 59 Happy Birthday messages on Face Book from all my friends; it was so touching, and I just couldn't believe they took time to do that for me.
  • My unbelievable friend and co-worker Abatha emailed me last Friday to wish me a Happy Birthday and a fabulous weekend. So sweet!
  • My Internist, which I think so much of, gave me a birthday hug. He said he would sing to me with the help of his staff when I left. He would have too, if he wasn't in another patients room. Thank goodness, that would probably have embarrassed me. I love him for the hug and the thought; he's the best.
  • I got a birthday card from my chiropractor for a free visit; he forgot to tell me Happy Birthday when I saw him today though. He needs to do better, but his nurse told me Happy Birthday.
  • I got to have my favorite chocolate cake at Stoney River Restaurant in Cool Springs with my Sis.
  • I get to see my niece Debbie, her husband Mike, and my great nephew Grady very soon; I even got to talk to her on the phone Sunday until Grady decided to stand up in the car while it was moving. :-)
  • Presents!

Thanks to everyone for making my Birthday this year so special; you don't know how much it meant to me, I think someone above must have been looking out for me. He worked through all of you. I'm so lucky to have you all in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment