Friday, January 13, 2012

THINGS YOU REMEMBER

Driving to work this morning while it was flurrying snow; I started feeling a little down, and then memories starting popping into my head. They were memories of my family who weren't with me anymore, but they were funny memories of what they used to do.

1. One way I remember my oldest sister, Wendy, is by eating the things she loved. That's probably why I can't lose anymore weight! - Pecan Shortbread Sandies, Ruffles and French Onion Dip, Wedding Cookies, Swedish Meatballs, Porcupine Balls and so much more. So I am eating Pecan Shortbread Sandies for breakfast this morning in honor of Wendy to the tune of 460 calories, and now you understand the weight problem.

2. Almost every time that my Dad would ride with me, he would say the following: keep both hands on the wheel (10 and 2), don't follow to close, and make sure to stop completely at any stop signs (no California stops) - I kept both hands on the wheel this morning.

3. Then I remembered that my Mom was just as scared of snow as I am; my Dad would have to take her to work when it snowed. Now Robin has to bring me to work when it snows.

It's so nice to remember the good things about your family that have passed away! I do have one worry though; what kind of memories and what can I do to remember Robin when that time comes? Robin loves to drink beer, drive in the snow, and doesn't eat enough to feed a chicken. I might be in trouble, but maybe I'll lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment