Monday, September 27, 2010

Facebook - FANTASTIC

Sometimes on Facebook when I get a friend request, I just accept it. I have no clue who it is, but I tell myself that I'll figure it out later. Yesterday I got this weird message from one of my Facebook friends asking about me and their Mamaw; it didn't sink in until I talked to my sister later that night, it was Debbie. We got on Facebook and checked her profile, and sure emough we were right. I've been looking for my neice for several years; last week I even drove by her old family house, and nothing. I was ready to give up looking for her, and then I recieved her email. After her Mom (my sister) passed away, it was hard to keep in touch, her Dad didn't like me much. I did try to see her from time to time, but I realized that it was probably easier on her if I stayed away. The last time I saw Debbie was about six years ago at Christmas; she stopped by my Aunt's house in Kentucky. I'm so glad she reached out to me; she's married, and has a little boy named Grady. When I look at my niece, I see my sister. Family is so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment