Monday, March 19, 2012

Brewfest in Franklin - St Patty's Day 2012

We arrived in Franklin about 5 p.m. on 3-17-12; it was St Patrick's Day, and Jim/Robin had purchased tickets for Brewfest. I went to listen to the music, look in the shops, eat some good food, and drive everyone that needs a ride home.
I turned my head to see this very large great dane coming toward me; the owner asked if it was ok for Clemetine to stop by and say hello, but she wasn't for sure if she could have stopped Clemetine from stopping by. That was ok; I like puppies, I bet he eats a lot. Clemintine was sporting a shamrock; she was ready for St. Patrick's Day!
Then it was on to Mellow Mushroom for food; it was so crowded in there, there was a 45 minute wait. We waited, the other restaurants probably had the same wait time. Note to self: get there early next year to eat!
We ordered drinks with the meat lovers pizza; the bread was awesome, but I wasn't crazy about the actual pie. Robin and Jim both said that their pizzas were usually much better; it might be the crowd, and the restaurant trying to get orders out quickly.
While Robin/Jim and Richard stood in line for beer samples, I would either take pictures or walk with them. There were many people dressed up; some people had green on, and some people
didn't.
There was music throughout the streets and restaurants!

So much art within the stores to look at; Robin and Jim purchased a blue, sea glass bracelet for me, and I picked up a couple of shell boxes. We also found a present for a baby shower at Robin's work; it was a homemade bib, receiving blanket, burping cloth with A,B,C blocks on it. So cute.

There was a painted piano; there's more to that story, the front page of a magazine was displayed next to this piano. Then these other pictures were taken through the windows of a few of the antique stores.

Brewfest and the St. Patrick's Day Festival in Franklin was fun, but let me give you a few highlights that are unforgetable.
  1. Clemintine the Great Dane stopping by to say hello to me.
  2. This really cute, muscular, Vanderbilt fan that was intoxicated, hugging me in the middle of a store. I didn't know him, and I couldn't get him to quit hugging me. Thank goodness his friend came back; he said that I didn't have any green pants, my friendly hugger had lost his. Then he stopped hugging, don't know if I was happy or sad.
  3. It would rain, thunder, then stop and the sun would shine. A rainbow was above the buildings at the exact moment we needed to see one. We felt better about being there in that weather at that moment.
  4. Spending St. Patrick's Day with my Sis and a few friends.

The festival was over at 9 p.m.; we left a little earlier, the attendees were getting a little drunk in the streets.

So I got the crew in Jim's car; we went for ice cream (Robin's idea) at ColdStone Creamery, and then I took Richard home before returning to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment