Monday, April 11, 2011

Red Riding Hood - The Movie

Once upon a time, in the middle of a dark forest so twisted that the trees sprouted thorns instead of branches, villagers were stalked by a terrible beast. Legend said it was a werewolf.

This movie is definitively the Brothers Grimm version of Little Red Riding Hood. A tale of moral peril about a curious girl who dared to leave her mother’s approved pathway.

Valerie wants the choice of who to marry; she asks her Mom why she can not choose. You're the pretty one,” says her mother. “Always too good… too perfect… too pretty,” says a vicious friend. Her parents arranged a marriage with the town’s handsome rich boy, but soon the whole village knows she’s fooling around with the woodsman .

Valerie wears her red hood with pride, and she does get to strike a fatal blow.

I don't think that I would take small children to see this movie; I really thought it was going to be scarier than it is, but I loved it. It has suspense, drama, and even a love story. Paulette and I went to see it last night; we were the only two people in the theater.

I would see this movie over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment