Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Storms can do Damage



The weather station had forcasted a severe storm for Monday starting at 3 p.m.; it started early, and I watched the rain pour down, wind blow and lightning within Kathy's office. Many of the companies in Nashville were letting their employees go early for everyone to get home safely. I left work at my regular time; I had a doctor's appointment downtown at 4:45 p.m. When I left Baptist Hospital, traffic was fine until I got to the Donelson area. I wasn't able to get off the interstate on one street because a metal electric pole had been bent over by the storm. Can you believe the picture above and the one below of the electric pole?

Below is a tree that was up rooted in a nearby park; you saw many trees like this. I drove through another street that was blocked on Monday today; most of the damage had been cleaned up, but it was just amazing to see what damage can be done by a storm.

I went to lunch with a friend; she was telling me when she left work around 2 p.m. on Monday, trees and electric poles were weaving back and forth on the side of the road. It looked like they were made of rubber.

It was just lucky that I had to go downtown before driving home; it may have taken me an hour to get home, but at least when I got home there was no damage. I even had electricity; many people were without electricity for twenty or more hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment