Friday, March 4, 2011

Abatha Needs My Help - Does She Know I Don't Cook?

I don't cook that much; I probably eat out 5 out of 7 days a week. It's just easier for my sister and I, but I did get the below 2 recipes from Ashleigh. They are completely easy to cook, and they taste pretty darn good!


Cabbage and Noodles

1 Head of Cabbage chopped or thinly sliced

1 ½ to 2 cups of any kind of small noodles

1 cut up Kielbasa Sausage (or you can cut up and grille chicken instead)

1/3 chopped onion

Salt

Any Purpose Seasoning

-Garlic Salt to add flavor

Boil the noodles separately.

In a large skillet pan, put the cabbage in first on medium. Let it start to shrink a little (about 7-10 minutes).

Add chopped onion. Give that about 4 minutes Before adding Sausage or Chicken.

Add Sausage or Chicken. Mix well.

Add salt, seasoning.. or whatever you want to add to it.

I like to let it all mix with the flavors for about 45 minutes.

Add Noodles and more salt if needed.

*I personally like to add Bleu Cheese Crumbles or Feta Cheese to mine when its done.

*Hot sauce is also good if you like that flavor.

Ground Beef and Veggies

2lbs of ground meat (turkey, or beef whichever you like)

2 cans of mixed veggies

1 can of diced potatoes

½ chopped onion or onion flakes

1 Cup of small noodles

LOTS OF SALT AND BUTTER

Boil noodles in separate pot.

Brown the meat and drain.

Add canned veggies.

Add Onion

Add LOTS of butter and salt, garlic salt…

Add Noodles.

Let that simmer on medium heat for about an hour.

Enjoy. Its probably not the most healthy thing by adding all the butter. But it tastes AWESOME.

Both are good with any kind of bread or biscuits. I would say they can feed a group of 4. But if there is only 2 of you, then it's great leftovers.

Abatha: I'll be watching for your review, and I'll be making your soup soon!

1 comment: