Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Organizational Skills for the Overwhelmed - Believe Me I'm Overwhelmed!

I woke up on a Tuesday morning; I was so excited to go to a seminar, and I didn't have to be there until 8:30 a.m. It was held at a Holiday Inn; when I arrived, there were not many seats to choose from. That was a little strange because I was actually a few minutes early.

I did find a seat at the table in the front; I never set in the front, but there wasn't any other choice today. At this table there were two ladies that worked in Murfreesboro at a manufacturing plant, a female that worked at Hospice downtown, and a gentleman that worked in IT within Maryland Farms. Many of the tables were filled with people from the same company; usually these attendees talk to each other, and make it a little lonely. Today was different, people talked to each other along with their co-workers. They even talked to me; actually, two guys talked to me too. One guy turned out to be married; the other one had four children, but I still talked to them both.

This seminar was presented by Rockhurst University; Ms. JoAnn Corley was the presenter, and she was completely amazing. She kept everyone's interest, had so many helpful suggestions, and had so much knowledge on this subject. She gave us the web address for her blog; it is http://www.joanncorley.com/. Wow is all I can say! She must use her time management tips to keep all this together.


I thought of several people that day -



When I went out for lunch, I drove past an Easter Bush. I thought of Paulette; she says that these plants are not Easter Bushes, they are called Forsythias. I don't think so, do you?



Then when I was looking at the reference materials that you could buy, I saw a book entitled "Being OK just Isn't Enough!?". I thought of Abatha, and remembered her post about trying to be the best at everything, but she'll be just OK and spend more time with her family.


I couldn't have thought about two better people that day; they both teach me so much about so many different things. Paulette probably is right about that plant; it's not an Easter Bush, but it's a Forsythia. Abatha is not just ok at everything she does; she's amazing, and she's always there to help me with any question that I may have. Believe me, I have many questions.


At the end of the seminar; Ms. Conley read the story about putting rocks, gravel, sand and then water into a jar to show his class how everyone can work together and how much can fit in a jar or life. She said to honor your co-workers, that you control the situation, and work from the inside out.

Sometimes when you are with someone for a long period of time, it's easy to let you emotions get the best of you. My goal is to take some deep breaths, look inside myself for the answer, and honor my friends, family, co-workers, and everyone I meet or know.

1 comment:

  1. OMG....I was doing a typical name search and came across your blog! What an honor to be mentioned!
    Warm regards,
    JoAnn :-)

    ReplyDelete